Preschool Literacy Made Simple
Give your preschoolers the best start to their education with basic principles, activities, and advice on introducing and practising their literacy skills.
A guide for parents, caregivers, and early learning educators, with advice through child development stages, early communication skills, creating a positive learning environment, introducing literacy through fun activities, and taking them from pre-reading to reading, plus writing for beginners.
Includes full-colour illustrations throughout, fun activities and a word glossary. From this book you will learn:
- The mental and physical development stages of your preschool child, and how to encourage their experiences and growth.
- How to introduce the beginning stages of communication and literacy.
- How to create stimulating learning environments, including choosing different types of toys and appropriate books to read to them.
- How to know when your child is ready to begin learning how to read.
- How to introduce and develop their early reading and writing abilities.
- Activities and games to encourage all areas of development and learning.
Written by Barbara Griffith.
Illustrated by Darlene Mathieson.